America’s Finest Undead are looking for America’s FINEST zombie! Well, two of them to be exact. We need two of the best zombies Comic-Con has to offer to help lead our horde through the streets of San Diego’s Gaslamp Quarter for our 7th Annual Comic-Con Zombiewalk. Think you have what it takes?
If you’re attending our walk on Saturday, July 20th, you’re eligible to participate in this opportunity! Between now (yes, RIGHT NOW) and 11:59PM (Pacific) on Sunday, June 30th, we want you to show us, with photographic evidence, why you should be at the front of the undead pack. You will need to zombify yourself and pick a creative way to show us you’re the best representative of America’s Finest Zombies. Have your zombie alter ego lead a crowd of zombies (or living) through your town… attend a concert and crowd surf… shake the President’s hand… win a spelling bee… whatever it is you think shows off your abilities to exemplify the best our horde has to offer. Invade your town with your rotting charisma and charm the brains out of them… then take a picture!
We will select one zombie participant from Twitter and one zombie from Facebook. You may submit once on Twitter and once on Facebook (two submissions maximum per person), but the scenarios must be different for each submission. These two zombies will have the following bestowed upon them:
- Official title of 2013 San Diego Zombiewalk Grand Marshall with an official sash declaring your position to the world!
- Zombie prize pack including a zombiewalk t-shirt and a plethora of goodies from our partners! (List will be updated throughout the month.)
- A private zombie makeup tutorial, either in person (SoCal residents only) or via Skype, from an industry SFX professional!
- The opportunity to be at the front of the horde during the walk… that’s right, you’ll be the first zombies everyone sees as we shuffle and shamble through downtown San Diego!
To participate, you must be 18 years of age or older. Parents/guardians may submit a photograph on behalf of a child, but the parent/guardian must accompany the minor during the full walk. You don’t need a Comic-Con badge to participate and no purchase is necessary. Transportation and to/from the event and accommodations will not be provided. You must “Like” our page on Facebook and/or follow us on Twitter (and still be doing so, as of the event) to be eligible.
To submit via Facebook:
- Go to http://www.facebook.com/sdzombiewalk.
- In the area to post to our wall, click “Photo/Video” and post your eligible photo along with a description of the photo (location, scenario, etc.).
- Tag yourself in the photo and tag us in the photo.
- We’ll post it our gallery. The picture that has the most “likes” by 11:59PM (Pacific) on Sunday, June 30th will be declared the winner, amongst the Facebook submissions.
- If the winner is unable to attend and/or participate in the walk, the zombie picture with the next highest amount of “likes” at the deadline will take their place (and so on, if the top “like” receivers are unable to attend/participate).
- To vote for an entry, go to our album “America’s Finest Zombie! Pick YOUR Walk Leader for SDCC 2013!” on Facebook and “like” the one zombie you feel best represents America’s Finest Undead.
To submit via Twitter:
- Publicly tweet your eligible photo using your account on Twitter.com (make sure your account isn’t private or we will likely not see your submission).
- Mention us (@sdzombiewalk) in the tweet and use the hashtag #sdcczombies
- Describe the location and scenario in the photo.
- We will RT all submissions.
- The submissions via Twitter will be reviewed by a panel of judges – Barb S., fearless leader of When Nerds Attack (@SDCCnerdsattack / Facebook); Gregory Burkart, writer (FEARnet) & composer; Jennifer Muzquiz, director of ZombieWalk:SanDiego – and based on creativity, enthusiasm, and whom the judges feel best exemplifies the spirit of Comic-Con and ZombieWalk:SanDiego… a winner will be chosen!
- If the winner is unable to attend and/or participate in the walk, a runner-up will take their place (and so on, if the top “like” receivers are unable to attend/participate).
By submitting a photo via Twitter or Facebook, you are giving us permission to post them on our Twitter account (@sdzombiewalk), Facebook page (facebook.com/sdzombiewalk), and our website (sdzombiewalk.com), as well as using your likeness for promotional purposes. Full credit for the photograph will be given. All minors must have a parent or guardian submit a photo for them or they will be deemed ineligible. We reserve the right to void any submission not meeting our content standards as well as voiding any winner deemed to be manipulating/cheating/gaming the voting process unfairly. ZombieWalk:SanDiego are not affiliated with Comic-Con or Comic-Con International. ZombieWalk:SanDiego are not responsible for any technical errors, natural acts, or other factors which may prevent you from participating. No monetary compensation or substitutions will be awarded. No monetary value is placed on the winning experience or prize packs. Winners will be announced on Saturday, July 6th via Facebook, Twitter, and on our website.