– Saturday, July 20th, 2013 @ 6:30PM
– Arrive at the meeting location beginning at 6:00PM and no later than 6:20PM.
– The zombiewalk begins at 6:30PM sharp, so do NOT be late.
– Please do not arrive any earlier than 5:30PM, as we don’t want to cause a ruckus beforehand.
– We will meet at Childrens Park; located on Island Avenue, between Front & 1st, in downtown San Diego.
– The meeting location is within a very short walking distance of the San Diego Convention Center. If you’re coming from other locations around San Diego, public transportation (SDMTS) is readily available. There are also MANY parking lots in the area, but their pricing will be high and spaces are limited. We strongly urge use of public transportation or carpooling.
– Smart zombies use Lyft to get around! Use the code BRAINS to get $20 for use on your first ride during SDCC! Download Lyft at http://lyft.me/app
– To get to the meeting location from the Convention Center, walk west toward Marriott Marquis & Marina and cross Harbor Blvd. at Front Street. Cross the trolley tracks and the park is on the right.
– If you are using public transportation, go to SDMTS and use “Children’s Museum” as your destination.
[click image to enlarge it]
– As always, the walk is ALL-AGES and FREE of charge to participate. The zombiewalk is open to everyone, not just convention attendees, no badges required! Remember… the more the scarier! This is the perfect way to participate in the fun of Comic-Con without actually entering the convention itself, as you get to dress up and be among fun-loving and entertaining individuals from all backgrounds. This is why we put the walk together year after year!
– Please come dressed and made-up as a zombie. If you need makeup/supplies, please visit Gypsy Treasure, in La Mesa, and tell ‘em the zombiewalk sent you!
– Do NOT bring extra blood/anything messy to the meeting location with you. You may NOT leave blood on the ground in or near the meeting location. You will be asked to leave if you are seen doing so. Please respect our local community. Being a “zombie” does not excuse you from common courtesy.
– We strongly encourage you to get creative with your own outfit & makeup BEFORE the walk as there will be NO onsite assistance with zombification. We are working on possible zombification options for you prior to the walk itself… stay tuned for more details.
– Please be sure to check out our walk guidelines. They are important to make sure we have a walk that is fun & safe for everyone involved and/or watching… and ensures our ability to continue holding zombiewalks in San Diego. We’ve had a great seven years, so let’s make sure we can have many more!
Q: Will there be a pre-party/afterparty?
A: Friday, we’re co-sponsoring a pre-party for the living & Saturday, we’re leading a zombie pub crawl after the walk!
FRIDAY pre-party information…
– In addition to the post-walk event on 7/20, we’re co-sponsoring the “Hotline Comic Con” SDCC party, featuring Miami Horror, taking place on Friday, July 19th at 8:30PM, at 1401 E Street.
– Tickets for the pre-party on Friday night can be obtained here
– When purchasing a ticket, we have a special discount code, which will drop the price down to $10! The code is: ZOMBIE
– Please keep in mind this is NOT a zombie-specific party, but we are joining a great team to bring you a fun-filled night of music, dancing, and entertainment… enjoy your last night as the living on Friday, before you get undead with us on Saturday ;D
SATURDAY after-party information:
Zombie Pub Crawl, following the walk! Win prizes at stops along the way, including passes to Sunday at Comic-Con!
Q: Will there be professionals to do my makeup?
A: Not onsite, but Machinima will be hosting the Totino’s Zombie Zone at FLUXX (500 4th Ave.) all week, providing zombie facepainting. They’ll be there from 10:00AM-5:00PM on Saturday. The facepainting is first-come, first-served and will be while supplies last, so get there EARLY!
Q: Will Con of the Dead be taking place this year?
A: The OFFICIAL “Con of the Dead” after party will NOT be taking place this year, as this is a semi-annual event (it will return in 2014). If you see anything related to “Con of the Dead” or something similar in 2013, we are not affiliated with copycat events and they are not sanctioned by FEARnet or ZombieWalk:SanDiego.
Q: Where can I best view the zombies?
A: For Comic-Con, we generally stick to 5th Avenue in the Gaslamp Quarter. For these walks, we highly suggest patronizing one of the MANY fine eating establishments along 5th Avenue and asking for patio seating. You will get a GREAT view of the zombies and enjoy a delicious meal at the same time!