NEXT WALK: October 26th, 2013 – Gaslamp Quarter – UNDEAD HEROES
This year’s October walk will have a theme! Think of your favorite character from movies, cartoons, anime, comics, manga, television, sports, video games… and ZOMBIE it up! Come as a zombie version of any character to help make San Diego’s biggest zombiewalk even scarier as we stroll through
- Saturday, October 26th, 2013 @ 5:30PM
- Arrive at the meeting location beginning at 5:00PM and no later than 5:20PM.
- The zombiewalk begins at 5:30PM sharp, so do NOT be late.
- Please do not arrive any earlier than 4:45PM, as we don’t want to cause a ruckus beforehand.
- We will meet at Childrens Park; located on Island Avenue, between Front & 1st, in downtown San Diego.
- Public transportation (SDMTS) is readily available. There are also MANY parking lots in the area, but their pricing varies and spaces are limited. We strongly urge use of public transportation or carpooling.
- If you are using public transportation, go to SDMTS and use “Children’s Museum” as your destination.
[click image to enlarge it]
- As always, the walk is ALL-AGES and FREE of charge to participate. The zombiewalk is open to everyone who shows up as the undead. Bring your grandparents, bring your kids, bring your dog! Remember… the more the scarier!
- Please come dressed and made-up as a zombie. If you need makeup/supplies, please visit Gypsy Treasure, in La Mesa, and tell ‘em ZOMBIEWALK:SANDIEGO sent you… they may hook you up, if you do!
- Do NOT bring extra blood/anything messy to the meeting location with you. You may NOT leave blood on the ground in or near the meeting location. You will be asked to leave if you are seen doing so. Please respect our local community. Being a “zombie” does not excuse you from common courtesy.
- We strongly encourage you to get creative with your own outfit & makeup BEFORE the walk as there will be NO onsite assistance with zombification.
- Please be sure to check out our walk guidelines. They are important to make sure we have a walk that is fun & safe for everyone involved and/or watching… and ensures our ability to continue holding zombiewalks in San Diego. We’ve had a great seven years, so let’s make sure we can have many more!
Q: Where can I best view the zombies?
A: We generally stick to 5th Avenue in the Gaslamp Quarter. For these walks, we highly suggest patronizing one of the MANY fine eating establishments along 5th Avenue and asking for patio seating. You will get a GREAT view of the zombies and enjoy a delicious meal at the same time!
Q: Where can I get my makeup done?
A: We know many professional makeup artists in the San Diego area and we’d be more than happy to get you their info if you’d like their assistance. Email sdzombiewalk[at]gmail.com for more information.
Q: I’m a member of the media and want to do a story on the zombiewalk… who do I contact?
A: Please send all media inquiries to sdzombiewalk[at]gmail.com and we will get back to you ASAP. Yes, we are happy to do appearances and interviews!
Q: Are you that zombie crawl I saw on Living Social?
Nope, we don’t charge for our walk and never will. That’s a completely separate event, with which we are unaffiliated and we don’t endorse it.