Want to get this awesome set of magnets? Follow us on Twitter at @sdzombiewalk! We’ll be tweeting locations and times to find us at & around SDCC this week, along with the passphrases you’ll need to know in order to get a set for yourself. Check out more of Humerus’ great zombie wares at their website or like ’em on Facebook!
America’s Finest Undead are looking for America’s FINEST zombie! Well, two of them to be exact. We need two of the best zombies Comic-Con has to offer to help lead our horde through the streets of San Diego’s Gaslamp Quarter for our 7th Annual Comic-Con Zombiewalk. Think you have what it takes?
If you’re attending our walk on Saturday, July 20th, you’re eligible to participate in this opportunity! Between now (yes, RIGHT NOW) and 11:59PM (Pacific) on Sunday, June 30th, we want you to show us, with photographic evidence, why you should be at the front of the undead pack. You will need to zombify yourself and pick a creative way to show us you’re the best representative of America’s Finest Zombies. Have your zombie alter ego lead a crowd of zombies (or living) through your town… attend a concert and crowd surf… shake the President’s hand… win a spelling bee… whatever it is you think shows off your abilities to exemplify the best our horde has to offer. Invade your town with your rotting charisma and charm the brains out of them… then take a picture!
We will select one zombie participant from Twitter and one zombie from Facebook. You may submit once on Twitter and once on Facebook (two submissions maximum per person), but the scenarios must be different for each submission. These two zombies will have the following bestowed upon them:
To participate, you must be 18 years of age or older. Parents/guardians may submit a photograph on behalf of a child, but the parent/guardian must accompany the minor during the full walk. You don’t need a Comic-Con badge to participate and no purchase is necessary. Transportation and to/from the event and accommodations will not be provided. You must “Like” our page on Facebook and/or follow us on Twitter (and still be doing so, as of the event) to be eligible.
To submit via Facebook:
To submit via Twitter:
By submitting a photo via Twitter or Facebook, you are giving us permission to post them on our Twitter account (@sdzombiewalk), Facebook page (facebook.com/sdzombiewalk), and our website (sdzombiewalk.com), as well as using your likeness for promotional purposes. Full credit for the photograph will be given. All minors must have a parent or guardian submit a photo for them or they will be deemed ineligible. We reserve the right to void any submission not meeting our content standards as well as voiding any winner deemed to be manipulating/cheating/gaming the voting process unfairly. ZombieWalk:SanDiego are not affiliated with Comic-Con or Comic-Con International. ZombieWalk:SanDiego are not responsible for any technical errors, natural acts, or other factors which may prevent you from participating. No monetary compensation or substitutions will be awarded. No monetary value is placed on the winning experience or prize packs. Winners will be announced on Saturday, July 6th via Facebook, Twitter, and on our website.
Help us win $5000, so that we can throw one heck of a party for San Diego zombies! All you have to do is click the image to the left or this link and visit AMC’s “The Walking Dead” Spread the Dead contest page. You don’t even have to sign up for anything… just click and that’s it! And be sure to check out the show, which premieres on AMC October 31st at 10PM!
Following our zombiewalk at Comic-Con, on July 24th, we’ll be having an afterparty – Happy Hour of the Undead – at Quality Social, from 7PM-9PM. This is a charity event, where a portion of the bar take will be donated to Donate Life California (California’s organ donor registry). Quality Social has great drinks and delicious food, at affordable prices, so it’ll be a welcome break between the walk and whatever other plans you may have that night. Want more details on the Happy Hour of the Undead? Check ’em out!
* Categories: Furthest Decayed, Best Celebrity, Most Creative, and Zombie of the Year
* Prizes: Each winner will receive a small trophy, plus a prize package featuring a Dismember-Me Plush Zombie (courtesy of ThinkGeek), a signed copy of the “Dead Speed” graphic novel, and lots of other goodies. Zombie of the Year will also receive a sash declaring them to be 2010’s zombie of the year and an iPod loaded with “We’re Alive” episodes (courtesy of We’re Alive podcast)!
* Judge: Chris Gore – (@thatchrisgore – author, founder of Film Threat, Co-Writer/Producer of “My Big Fat Independent Movie”, and frequently seen on G4’s “Attack of the Show” – http://www.thatchrisgore.com
Zombie Shuffle Contest!
* Prize: The most entertaining zombie dancer will receive a small trophy, plus a prize package with a Dismember-Me Plush Zombie (courtesy of ThinkGeek), a $50 ThinkGeek gift certificate, and lots of other goodies.
* Judge: Enrique Limón – @enriquelimon – writer for San Diego CityBeat, art diva, entertainment guru, and one of the most fabulous residents of America’s Finest City – http://bit.ly/enriquelimon
Trivia For Brains!
* Win prizes by answering zombie trivia questions on Twitter – including ThinkGeek gift certificates, a free night at The Sofia Hotel, a reanimated cooking package, zombie-related books & graphic novels, and more – while enjoying a drink and feasting at Quality Social!
Many thanks to the following for donating prizes and giveaway items (and we’ll be adding to the list as we get closer to Comic-Con):
* FEARnet – www.fearnet.com
* We’re Alive Podcast – www.zombiepodcast.com
* ThinkGeek – www.thinkgeek.com
* The Sofia Hotel – www.thesofiahotel.com
* Salon Styletto – www.salonstyletto.com
* Forbidden Panel – www.forbiddenpanel.com
* Harcos Labs (Zombie Blood) – www.livingwithbloodlust.com
* Zombie Rock Apparel – www.zombierockapparel.com
* Zombie Flesh Jerky – www.zombiefleshjerky.com
* “Dead Speed” (writer Keith Arem) – www.dead-speed.com
* “Night of the Living Trekkies” (by Kevin David Anderson & Sam Stall) – Quirk Books: www.irreference.com
* “Pride and Prejudice and Zombies” (by Seth Grahame-Green & Jane Austen) – Quirk Books: www.irreference.com
* AMC’s “The Walking Dead” – blogs.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/
* Gowalla – www.gowalla.com
In conjunction with Kingdom-Con – a new gaming convention here in San Diego, being held at Town and Country Resort and Convention Center – ZombieWalk:SanDiego’s next walk will be in downtown San Diego, on Saturday, April 17th, 2010. The walk will be followed by a costume contest and live music at Town and Country Resort and Convention Center in Fashion Valley. More information on music and convention festivities can be found at the Kingdom-Con website.
We will be meeting at 5:00PM near the fountain, on the corner of 4th Avenue & Broadway, in the Gaslamp Quarter of downtown San Diego. The walk will begin promptly at 5:15PM. We will be shambling through the Gaslamp Quarter. We ask that you please familiarize yourselves with the walk guidelines, before arriving at the walk. This is important to make sure we have a walk that is fun and safe for everyone involved! As always, the walk is all-ages and free of charge to participate. The walk is open to EVERYONE, not just convention attendees!
Please come dressed and made-up as a zombie (no masks). If you need assistance with zombie makeup, there will be a makeup table set up at Kingdom-Con for attendees of the convention. If you’d prefer to do it yourself, we always advise people to visit Gypsy Treasure in La Mesa.
Public transportation (SDMTS) is readily available from Fashion Valley, for attendees of the convention, to the downtown area. You can visit their trip planner at http://www.sdmts.com – two viable routes we’ve found are:
Option A – Trolley:
1. ARRIVE AT FASHION VALLEY TRANSIT CENTER
2. At 04:03 PM take the Green Line Old Town
3. Get off the stop on Old Town Transit Center at East Platform at approximately 04:10 PM.
4. walk 0.1 mile S from Old Town Transit Center & East Platform to Old Town Transit Center at West Platform
5. At 04:30 PM take the Blue Line San Ysidro
6. Get off the stop at America Plaza Station at approximately 04:41 PM.
7. At 04:47 PM take the Orange Line Downtown/Conv Ctr
8. Get off the stop at Convention Center Station at approximately 04:51 PM.
9. Walk up 1st street, toward Horton Plaza, make a right at Broadway.
10. Arrive at 4th & Broadway.
Option B – Bus:
1. ARRIVE AT FASHION VALLEY TRANSIT CENTER
2. At 04:21 PM take the MTS BUS route 20 Downtown via Fashion Valley
3. Get off the stop on 10th Av at Broadway at approximately 04:35 PM.
4. Walk 0.6 mile W on Broadway.
5. Arrive at 4th & Broadway.
There is also plenty of parking around the meet-up location, downtown. Parking validation in the Horton Plaza structure is free for three hours, when shopping at Horton Plaza between 7am and 9pm. They do NOT allow zombies on-property, though. Security will quickly escort you outside. So we’re just passing along that info, should you choose to use it or not.
See maps for location details…
There will be a scavenger hunt tomorrow afternoon, in San Diego’s Gaslamp Quarter. You will need to follow us on Twitter to participate. We can be found at @sdzombiewalk, if you are not already following us.
Tomorrow, 11/15, at about noon, we will tweet a list of items to collect that can be found in and around San Diego’s Gaslamp Quarter. We will then tweet a location to at which to meet with the items. The first three people to show up with the full list, before 7PM, will win cool prizes, including a full zombie prize pack for the first to show up with the full list.The first ten to show up with a full list will get a Zombieland poster!
What else do you have to do on a Sunday afternoon? Come romp around downtown San Diego with us! You do NOT need to dress up to participate. This is simply a for-fun game for you to play, sponsored by ZombieWalk:SanDiego!
Okay, so zombies aren’t exactly known for being clever. We can’t brain, we have the dumb! So it’s up to YOU to re-name our “Food Drive Zombiewalk” – and be rewarded for doing so! You have until Sunday, August 9th, 2009 at 11:59 (Pacific Time) to submit your name ideas.
If we choose your suggestion, we’ll send you a zombie prize pack! Included in this prize pack will be:
– zombie mini-makeup kit (for the zed on the go!)
– a Zombieland poster
– and a Dis-member Me Plush Zombie from ThinkGeek
Suggestions must be made via comment to this post or a tweet to @sdzombiewalk – we are not liable of Twitter is down or this website is down. If a suggestion is picked from those submitted, we will announce the winner on Monday, August 7th, 2009 on this website.
Make sure that you use a valid email address if you submit a suggestion here, as that is how we will contact you, or we will contact you via direct message on Twitter if you tweet the suggestion. You must be 18 or older to win and a resident of the United States. Void where prohibited and all that legal craziness. Oh yeah, and we won’t share your personal information with anyone, because that’s lame.